The FIFA President Joseph Blatter and UEFA head Michel Platini can be suspended from any football-related activity for six years, says the Daily Mail.

Swiss Federal office of justice of 25 September has opened a case against Blatter, who is suspected of being illegally transferred two million Swiss francs Platini in 2011.

Money allegedly was transferred Platini for the execution of works in the period from January 1999 to June 2002. The Frenchman also stated that this payment was made under a contract in full accordance with the law. In early October, the FIFA Committee for ethics dismissed Blatter, the Secretary General of the organization Jerome Walke (previously dismissed) and Platini for 90 days from any activity related to football.

“Suspension of 90 days was just the conditional measure, a short, sharp shock. We are trying to figure this out by Christmas, to have a clear picture before presidential elections. This should give you an idea of what could be a long suspension,” said the head of the arbitration chamber of the ethics Committee of FIFA Hans-Joachim Eckert.

Blatter, who heads FIFA since 1998, may 29, was re-elected for a fifth term, and June 2, on the wave of a corruption scandal, announced the resignation from his post. Elections of the new head of the organization is to take place in February 2016.

Platini is a candidate for the presidency of FIFA, but the question of his admission to the elections will come when he will remove the suspension, reminiscent of the “R-Sport”.




Blatter and Platini may be exempt from football activities for six years 15.11.2015

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal