The UN Security Council held a closed meeting to discuss a new draft resolution on Aleppo after two unsuccessful attempts to adopt the document. Moscow has been called “uncertain” prospects for the adoption of the next draft resolution. A New Zealand draft resolution of the UN security Council in Aleppo, “not quite consistent” with the Russian approach. On Monday said the permanent representative of Russia to the UN Vitaly Churkin at the meeting.

According to Churkin, quoted by TASS, held a “conceptual discussion, which revealed a number of inconsistencies in the points of view of members of the Security Council”. “While the Outlook is unclear. Not that even take and further work (on the document). Our conceptual is its approach, which this text does not quite match”, – he stressed.

The draft of the proposed resolution requires combatants “to immediately and completely cease all attacks that can lead to death or injury to people or damage to civilian objects”. As highlighted in the text, especially air strikes on Aleppo.

In addition, the document provides for the withdrawal of the militants from the Eastern part of the city in accordance with the initiative of the special envoy of the UN Secretary General to Syria Staffan de Mistura.

The draft resolution also envisages the introduction of a regular 48-hour pause in the fighting for the delivery of humanitarian assistance. The first such truce, according to the draft resolution must occur within 24 hours after its adoption. In addition, the document indicates the need for the disengagement of the moderate opposition and terrorist groups listed by the UN security Council.

He told reporters before the meeting of the security Council the permanent representative of New Zealand Gerard van Bohemen, the purpose of the delegation to find “common ground” on the “main text” of a draft resolution concerning the cessation of attacks on Aleppo.

Prior to that, two of the previous draft resolution prepared by France and Russia, were not adopted in the UN security Council. On 8 October Russia has used its veto in the vote on the French draft resolution was later blocked by the Russian draft resolution.

The bombing of Aleppo does not yet resumed

The situation in Aleppo remains tense. Western countries accuse Moscow and Damascus to bombardment of civilians and armed opposition. Syria and Russia insist that strikes only against terrorists, and require the dissociation of the moderate opposition against the radicals. Last week, in Aleppo, was introduced on humanitarian pause for civilians and the release of rebels, who wished to cease hostilities. On Saturday, October 22, the humanitarian pause ended.

However, to the bombing of Aleppo, the Russian space forces and the Syrian air force has not yet returned. The aircraft did not cause attacks on Aleppo and did not make the flight near the city for seven days. About it as transfers TASS, the official representative of the Ministry of defense of Russia major-General Igor Konashenkov.

According to Konashenkov, for the civilians, leaving the Eastern districts of Aleppo, are working around the clock six humanitarian corridors. In the area there are also points of hot meals and first aid.

The defense Ministry spokesman also said that later on Monday evening, 48 women and children, accompanied by officers of the Russian Center for reconciliation and the Syrian authorities came out via a humanitarian corridor from East of Aleppo. That safe place to exit is, in the strictest confidence reported by the Syrian intelligence agencies, reports “Interfax”.

According to survivors, in the blockaded parts of Aleppo heavy
the humanitarian situation. It is noted that the released people are hungry and weary, in need of shelter and medical care. Support survivors promised the Governor of the province of Aleppo Hussein
Diab.

On the territory controlled by militants, are still about 3 thousand people. For the last day in Aleppo from terrorist attacks killed five people, including a child from a sniper’s bullet, and 28 shrapnel wounds.



Churkin said that the draft UN resolution on Aleppo “not quite corresponds to the” approaches of the Russian Federation 25.10.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal