Magazine Forbes has compiled a list of the most promising young artists who are little known to the General public, but of interest to Russian and foreign museums, exhibitions and collectors. The selection of candidates for the rating was held in two stages: first on the basis of a survey of curators, gallery owners and renowned artists has made the list of young authors (born in 1982 or younger), then took into account their cooperation with galleries, received awards and prizes.
Out of 35 applicants were selected 15 of the most successful. Then left seven finalists, of which only two have art education.
1. Alice Joffe (1987), studied at the Free studios at Moscow Museum of modern art, Institute of contemporary art. Works in genre of painting. Of her nearly 200 works in the collection – around 50. Among them is the meeting Director of Austrian cultural forum Moscow, Simon Mraz, the modern art Museum of PERMM, the cultural communication Centre of Klaipeda (Lithuania), Fund “Victoria”, Stella Art Foundation, the Foundation of Vladimir Smirnov and Konstantin Sorokin, a collection of Bela Horvath (Budapest). The group participated in international exhibitions: the Venice Biennale (2014), the Jewish Museum of Vienna (2015). Package price: from 100 euros.
2. Ilya Dolgov (1984), studied at Voronezh state University (faculty of philosophy and psychology). He works in different styles: installation, video, graphics. 70 jobs – 40 in collections, including in the Voronezh regional literary Museum, private Russian and foreign collections. Personal exhibitions abroad: Azoikum (Buro fur kulturelle Ubersetzungen, Leipzig, Germany, 2014). Cost of works: € 800-2000.
3. Dmitry Morozov (::vtol::) born in 1986. He studied at the Russian state humanitarian University (faculty of art history). Works in the genre of hybrid art. Of the 70 works in the collection are six. Collections: national center for contemporary art, Polytechnical Museum, St. Petersburg Museum of sound, Russian and foreign private collections. Foreign group exhibitions: Ars Electronica (Linz, 2015), CTM festival (Berlin, 2015); The Emperor’s New Aesthetic, Emmanuel Gallery (Denver, 2014); Cyberfest (Berlin, 2013); Rhythm Assignment, Bonnefanten museum (Maastricht, 2013); Bent festival, the Tank Theater (new York, 2010). Cost of works: 10 000-30 000 EUR.
4. Tatiana Akhmetgalieva (1983). He studied at St. Petersburg state artistic and industrial Academy. Stieglitz (Department of monumental art, Department of art textiles). Works in genres: installation, object, video, graphics. From about 150 works by 70 collections: Espoo Museum of Modern Art, Pori Art Museum, Kiasma Museum (Finland), Moscow Museum of modern art and private collections. Personal exhibitions abroad: “Incubator”, Galerie Forsblom (Helsinki, 2011); “My room”, Galerie Forsblom (Helsinki, 2012); “Hello, world!”, Mimmo Scognamiglio Artecontemporanea (Milan, 2013). The cost of the work: 1000-10 000 euros.
5. Anastasia Ryabova (1985), he studied at the Higher school of Economics (bachelor of sociology, master of philosophical anthropology). Works in genres: procession (endless projects), objects, sculpture, painting, drawing, photography. Of the 15 projects, and approximately 1,000 artifacts – about 70 artifacts in collections: Moscow Museum of modern art, the collection of “Gazprombank”, collection “Victoria”, the private Russian collection. Overseas group exhibition: “Highway of Enthusiasts”, parallel program of the XIII Architecture Biennale (Venice, 2012), Kyiv Biennale of contemporary art (2015). The cost of the work: 1000-5000 Euro.
6. Olga Matveeva (1986), he studied at the State academic University of Humanities (faculty of science), Moscow school of photography and multimedia. Rodchenko. Works in the following genres: photography, video, sculpture. Of the 10 art projects in the collection – the prints of five art projects. Collections: Multimedia Art Museum, galleries HilgerNEXT, Anzenberger, OstLicht, private collections in Russia, Austria, Germany, France, Japan. Overseas exhibitions: Kunst Im Tunnel (düsseldorf, 2012), gallery HilgerNext (Vienna, 2014). Package price: from 200 euros.
7. Sasha Frolov (1984), studied at art school at the Moscow state art-industrial Academy. S. G. Stroganov. Works in genres: performance, sculpture. Of the approximately 100 works – approximately 10 in collections: Moscow Museum of modern art and private collections. Personal exhibitions abroad: PSIONICS, gallery Chizzoni Federica (Milan, 2014). The cost of the work: 1000-15 000 euros.