In St. Petersburg was established a memorial plaque to the member of the white movement during the civil war to Admiral Alexander Kolchak. As reported by RIA “Novosti”, the Board, which is a plate height of 1 meter and a width of 1.9 meters, hung on the Bay window of the house N3 on the street Big Zelenin.
The inscription on the plaque reads: “In this house from 1905 to 1912 he lived an outstanding Russian officer, a scientist and Explorer Alexander Kolchak”.
The Agency noted that local residents relate to the establishment of boards with caution because expect provocations and attacks of the vandals, as previously happened with a plaque Mannerheim.
Member of the Central Council of the Russian military-historical society Armen Gasparyan noted that money to sign three years gathering activists and historians. Preliminary design of a memorial plaque was approved by the working group of the town planning Board on 19 December 2014. February 19, 2015, the Governor of St. Petersburg Georgy Poltavchenko signed the resolution of the government of the city about installing it.
The initiative has met with criticism from the party “Communists of Russia”. “Simply immoral, in city of revolution, to hang a memorial plaque to the representative of the white movement. For us as Communists, it is a glaring instance of disrespect to Soviet history. Our St. Petersburg branch is now preparing a formal appeal to the authorities to protest,” – said the Chairman of the Central Committee of the party Maxim suraykin.
Kolchak, the recall was shot by the Bolsheviks in February 1920 in Irkutsk. In the 1990-ies was first suggested the need for his pardon, however, a decision by the courts of different instances for various reasons made or not.
The first monument to Alexander Kolchak in post-Soviet Russia was installed in November 2004 in Irkutsk. Copper monument on a high pedestal of the work of Vyacheslav Klykov is in Irkutsk. Two years before that in St. Petersburg in the Marine corps of Peter the Great was a memorial plaque dedicated to Admiral Kolchak. In 2008 a memorial plaque in honor of Kolchak opened in the courtyard of the chapel of St. Nicholas of Myra in Moscow.