Nine people, including seven bodyguards of the President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte, were injured in the explosion of a bomb planted on the route of the presidential motorcade in the city of Marawi in the province of Lanao del sur on the southern Philippine island of Mindanao. The incident occurred on Tuesday morning, reports the Manila Bulletin.

Several members of the presidential guard were marching down the road in Marawi as the best in the group, anticipating the visit of the head of state. “A truck carrying employees of the presidential security service, was blown up by an improvised explosive device”, – told reporters the Minister of defense Dolphin Lorenzano, reports Reuters.

According to him, the explosion also injured two Filipino soldiers. Who was in the same vehicle, the official media remained intact. “The shootout was not” – said Lorenzano. Earlier, CNN reported that the attackers also opened fire on the soldiers.

The Minister said that all the victims were immediately taken by air to a safe place. According to CNN, two seriously injured were taken to the headquarters of the fourth infantry division in the city of Cagayan de Oro, another three were sent to the hospital.

Lorenzano also reported that in connection with the incident, advised the President to cancel his visit. However, Duterte already rejected the proposal. “I was advised to postpone see, but I will go there and, if possible, on the same route, he said. – Maybe we get into a small skirmish here and there”. Duterte also joked that if the trip with him still, something happens, the country will be headed by Vice-President Leni Robredo.

In the armed forces of the country suggest that the attack is likely to stand the fighters “Mouth”. This is a local terrorist group, previously sworn allegiance to the “Islamic state” (IG, is prohibited in Russia).

Hosted by the explosion may be a red herring militants, said CNN Deputy brigade commander Colonel’s Wife of Ponyo. According to the channel, currently, the government forces carried out in the province of Lanao del sur a large-scale military operation against the militants, who last week recaptured part of the city Both captured from them after the attack in February this year.

The police believes that “the Mouth” can also stand behind an explosion near the U.S. Embassy in Manila last week. According to law enforcement officers, the explosive devices in both cases were identical.

The chief of police of the Philippines Ronald Delarosa also said that an explosive device triggered on the path of the presidential motorcade in Marawi, identical to the one that exploded September 2, at the residence of Duterte in Davao city, which killed 14 people and injured dozens.



In the Philippines blew up the convoy of the guards of the President of Duterte 29.11.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal