In Yekaterinburg in the center of the photo “March” nearly disrupted the screening of the film “Line of Beauty and Grace” about controversial American photographer Jock Sturges, whose exhibition of photographs depicting Nude children, with the scandal closed in Moscow. In the event a man came out and called the audience “perverts” and “scum”, according to Ura.ru. Before the show, the organisers complained to the police about the threat.

On display were about 60 people. Immediately after the movie, when he was supposed to start a round table with the participation of art critics and historians of photography on the boundaries of the permissible in art, suddenly one of the spectators jumped from places and began to resent pictures and insulting everyone. They tried to explain to him that it is not pornography. He agreed and walked away.

As explained to”Interfax” one of the curators of the centre of photography “March” Raisa Zorina, Thursday morning at one of local the Internet-portals have appeared that some organizations are going to disrupt the screening of the film. “We felt obliged to protect themselves and visitors. Went to the police and wrote a statement to us provided the police”, she said.

Activists of movements NOD and “Patriots” previously expressed indignation in connection with the plans of the gallery. Center page photos of “March” in the social network Facebook after posting the announcement about the screening of the film about Jock Sturges on Wednesday morning for some time was blocked. Later, however, the lock was removed.

Exhibition of Jock Sturges “Without embarrassment” was opened in the Center of photography Lumiere brothers from 8 September. On 25 September members of the organization “Officers of Russia” blocked the entrance to the exhibition, to protest against the popularization of the works of Sturges, after which the management center of photography has voluntary closed the show.

The head of the security Commission of the Public chamber Anton Tsvetkov and “Officers of Russia” came to the exhibition after the blogger Lena Miro (Elena Mironenko) was published, not presented in Moscow pictures of Sturgis naked children, accusing the organizers of “supporting child pornography”.

After that, the member of Council of Federation Elena Mizulina said that the exhibition should be immediately closed. The Senator said that intends to appeal to Prosecutor General Yury Chaika with a request to conduct a Prosecutor’s check on the fact of the opening of this exhibition in Russia. Ombudsman for children under the President of the Russian Federation Anna Kuznetsova said that he had held talks with prosecutors about the organization of public Prosecutor’s check of the exhibition.

Later, however, Flowers admitted publicly that he was wrong. He explained that he was misled by Lena Miro, and noted that the photos meet the requirements of the Russian legislation and can be demonstrated at the exhibition.



In Yekaterinburg cinema Pro photographer Sturges was in jeopardy 29.09.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal