Moscow began to negotiate with the team of the elected President of the USA of Donald trump to resolve the situation in Syria. While recently Washington has strongly condemned the resumption of air strikes of the Russian HQs in Syria and once again spoke about the fact that their actions Russia violates international law.
“It is an important turning point: a new team of President-elect Donald trump. We now start the contacts with people who are likely to work with the new President,” said Deputy foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov (quoted by “Interfax”).
The diplomat expressed hope that the outgoing and the incoming US administration will presume that “without Russia, the Syrian problem is impossible to solve”. Bogdanov stressed that Moscow is willing to open and Frank dialogue.
Meanwhile, the President of Russia Vladimir Putin at meeting with permanent members of Russian security Council discussed the situation in the fight against terrorist groups in Syria, particularly around the regions of Idlib, HOMS and Aleppo. This was reported to journalists the press-Secretary of the head of state, Dmitry Peskov.
– What is the normalization of relations with Russia is possible with Donald trump?
Lavrov and Kerry will discuss in Peru humanitarian problems in Syria
In addition, in the night from 17 to 18 November in the framework of the APEC summit in Peru will meet foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his us counterpart John Kerry. It is expected that they will discuss whole range of issues related to Syria, including the coordination of joint efforts and the solution of humanitarian problems.
“They will discuss the Syrian issue. I think they will find time to discuss the whole range of issues related to Syria and fight against the terrorists and our coordination in this regard, the humanitarian problem and the political settlement”, – said Mikhail Bogdanov (quoted by RIA “Novosti”).
The Russian foreign Ministry responded to the desire of the U.S. Congress to impose sanctions against Syria and Russia
Against this background, the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Ryabkov commented on the adoption by the house of representatives of Congress of a bill providing for the imposition of sanctions against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and those who support SAR, including Russia and Iran.
“This action is laid in the undisguised in Washington, many politicians and officials line to replace the legitimate government in Damascus. Taken absolutely unprecedented attempt to bring under the sanction of all who in any way interacts with Damascus, with the leadership of this country, with its institutions,” said Ryabkov (quoted by TASS).
According to him, cooperation between Moscow and Damascus will not suffer from the initiatives of the United States to impose sanctions against Syria and its allies. “I am confident that, whatever the fate of this bill, and apparently it will continue to be considered on Capitol hill, the effect will be zero, and even opposite to, what to expect, these figures” – said Ryabkov.
“It is clear that the conclusion of the event may be only one: people confuse cause and effect to the extent that is completely closed from the outside impulses and stew in their own juice. Instead to consolidate the ranks in the fight against terrorism, which is a transboundary threat, attempt to arrange another forceful change of government in a sovereign country”, – concluded the diplomat.
Earlier on November 17, the defense Ministry released a video of air strikes inflicted by the 15 November to the Syrian province of Idlib carrier-based fighter su-33 taking off from the cruiser “Admiral Kuznetsov”. In the description to the video on the RT channel on YouTube it is alleged that the blows “to positions of fighters in the Syrian Idlib”.
November 15 at the defense Ministry channel on YouTube appeared video training frigate “Admiral Grigorovich” and aviation “Admiral Kuznetsov” to the attacks. It happened shortly after the statement of Russian defense Minister Sergei Shoigu at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the start of operations in Syria with the participation of these ships. On the same day from Syria reported about the renewed bombing of Aleppo, which the Russian defense Ministry categorically denied.
Deck aviation cruiser began to fly in the skies over Syria at the beginning of November. On 14 November, after takeoff from “Admiral Kuznetsov” fell into the water, one of the MiG-29, but this, according to representatives of the military Department, did not prevent the plans of the carrier battle group.
In the United States condemned the renewed bombing Syria and going to initiate with them the introduction of new sanctions against Russia.