Opposition leader Alexei Navalny, who was detained at the exit from his home, after 10 hours of waiting in the police station was charged under part 8 of article 20.2 of the administrative code (repeated violation of the established procedure of organizing or holding meetings, rallies, demonstrations, marches or picketing).

As said press Secretary of the opposition Kira Armys, the hearing on this case will be held on Monday, 2 October at 15:00. However, she clarified that Bulk after a long stay in the building OVD “Danilovsky” was released.

The head of the campaign headquarters of the oppositionist Leonid Volkov, who was previously also detained in Nizhny Novgorod, announced that the hearing of their cases will be held in Simonovsky court of Moscow.

“Released from the police. Thank you all for the support. The plan to disrupt regional rallies won’t work. Tomorrow Orenburg, the day after tomorrow – Arkhangelsk. Special thanks and a big Hello to everyone who came-after a meeting with Bulk without Bulk in Nizhny Novgorod”, – Navalny wrote on his page on Twitter.

“Thank you to everyone who supported and waited at the police station. It is always important. You’re awfully cold, you know,” added the opposition leader and the founder of Fund of fight against corruption.

According to the politician, he was detained when he was going to go to Nizhny Novgorod, where he on the 29th of September was the planned rally, which the municipality considers illegal.

In Nizhny Novgorod at the rally, Navalny was detained 10 activists

Meanwhile, the TV channel “Rain” reported that police detained about 10 people at the rally, Navalny in Nizhny Novgorod.

Member of “Committee for the prevention of torture” Sergey Babinets, in turn, said “Mediazone”, the protesters wanted to walk along the Christmas city street, but there they were deployed by the police. After that, the activists returned to Central square, where they were detained.

According to him, the people “rather roughly dragged to paddy wagons”. One of the participants of the action told that the area detained the teenager, “which is on view from 10 to 14 years.”

In addition, in Nizhny Novgorod was detained by the coordinator of the electoral headquarters of opposition activist Anna was Petkova. The reason for her detention was initiated the administrative proceedings for unauthorized rally.

Navalny rally in Nizhny Novgorod was planned for 18:00 on September 29. He had to go on the square Markin, however, on Friday morning, police prevented supporters of the opposition to equip a platform for the campaign. Two activists were first detained, but later released.

Supporters of Navalny, and he reported that the police took their equipment, intended for the organization of the meeting. However, they still were determined to hold the meeting and was called to come to her citizens.

The opposition claimed that the action was legitimate, as the first city hall of Nizhny Novgorod have approved, but then changed his mind and tried to give the organizers feedback approval. When this is not possible, the officials sent the document by registered mail.

Thus, each side adhered to its view on the extent of the legitimacy of the rally. While police and prosecutors are on the side of city hall. They have previously warned citizens from participation in the meeting with Navalny.

Navalny was released from the police station, where he spent waiting for Protocol charges more than 10 hours 30.09.2017

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal