The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko after the report of the Minister of defence Stepan Poltorak and chief of the General staff of the armed forces Viktor Muzhenko on the completion of the process of uvolneniya of the reserve soldiers in the sixth wave of demobilization, which began in late September, said: “I, as President and commander in chief. you can inform the Ukrainian people that henceforth no one mobilized on the front, in the area of ATO no,” said his administration on 2 November.
Now on the front are only the soldiers-contractors, and volunteers who have had quality training and education, including with participation of foreign partners, said Poroshenko.
Zone anti-terrorist operation in Kiev called the South-Eastern part of Ukraine, bordering with Russia, where Ukrainian forces conduct the so-called “anti-terrorist” operation against separatists self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics, not tired to blame the support of Moscow.
Poroshenko on September 26 signed a decree on demobilization of soldiers of the sixth wave and said that the front will be only contractors, reminds NEWSru.ua.
According to Poroshenko, over the past two years, the mobilization has fulfilled a vital role in ensuring the defense of Ukraine, to “repel the aggressor attacked our country in the most difficult days for the Ukrainian history,” and “today, we have a qualitatively new Armed forces of Ukraine”.
Previously, in early September, the Ukrainian President said that the question of the mobilization of the armed forces of the country depends on the actions of Russia, which, according to him, is constantly increasing its military presence and “flexes its muscles in the Western and South-Western strategic directions, high level of threat of armed aggression persists from the South”.