Deputy foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov said that Moscow is ready to consider possibility of participation in operations against terrorists in Iraq and Libya, if such requests will come from the leadership of these countries, reports “Interfax”.

“We are asked from other countries – the Iraqis and Libyans: will connect to the fight against terrorists on our territory? We say: yet you have not received formal complaints. If they did, then our guide will consider them carefully,” said Mikhail Bogdanov at the meeting of the international discussion club “Valdai”.

Bogdanov noted a serious escalation of tension in Syria as a result of the failure of the Russian-American agreement of September 9 and laid the blame on the Americans, who were guided by “one of the known reasons”.

According to the Russian diplomat, “the cessation of hostilities can and should be restored. The key to this is the disengagement moderates and terrorists.”

In his speech, Bogdanov recalled that the question of secession terrorists, especially “al-Nusra Dzhebhat” (a group banned in Russia), the moderate opposition had been under discussion for many months – since February. “At meetings at all levels this was discussed – at the level of our presidents, President Putin and Obama, and all other meetings, also with representatives of the state Department and the CIA, and the Pentagon. This issue was discussed back in February with CIA Director Mr. (John) Brennan, who was in Moscow, and he was just telling the Russian leadership that the us will do everything possible to quickly separate the opposition from the terrorists” – quoted Bogdanov RIA “Novosti”.

According to TASS, the Deputy Minister answered the question present in the room of the political scientist Piotr Dutkiewicz, how true is the information that the meeting between Putin and Obama in early September on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Hangzhou, the us leader promised to provide separation for seven days, and if this does not happen, then Russia will have carte Blanche on the resumption of hostilities in Aleppo and around.

“As we understand it, and so do our American colleagues said, there were different approaches between the American offices, but in the end, there is a President who needs to unite and Express an official, final U.S. position,” – said Bogdanov.

“The question of whether to bomb someone, always stood very subject, and our guide repeatedly told reporters, and a variety of audiences, that when a year after the Americans began their actions, the bombing in Syria without the consent of the Syrian government without UN security Council’s decisions, then our video conferencing started operation, we were accused that we bomb the terrorists, said Bogdanov. Then we told our American colleagues: if you know where the terrorists, give us the coordinates. They said, no, you bomb moderate opposition. We said: give the coordinates of the moderate opposition that we your friends are not touched. This conversation went on for several months. Then it became apparent that the terrorists and the opposition are in the same place, and that they each other not separated, there may be a coordination, understanding of what to do. So the question that needs to be separated, stood and for Americans too, very substantive”.

3 October the us state Department declared,
that the US cease negotiations with Russia on the settlement of the situation in
Syria and withdraw its staff, which was supposed to participate in
the creation of a Joint Executive center. Washington’s Decision
due to the fact that “Russia has failed to fulfill its promises
including its obligations under international humanitarian law”.
Washington said “or Moscow’s unwillingness, or the inability to
forced the Syrian regime to cooperate”.

Western countries accuse
Moscow and Damascus as “war crimes” – the bombing of hospitals,
schools and infrastructure in Aleppo using a tank and cassette
bombs and chemical weapons against the civilian population, talked about this, in particular, the US state Department John
Kerry
and the French foreign Minister , Jean-Marc
Ayrault
.



Russian foreign Ministry: Russia is ready to respond to requests to war against terrorists in Iraq and Libya 26.10.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal