Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov has commented on the Bloomberg about the fact that Igor Sechin suggested the government to sell the headed “Rosneft” the state-owned stake in Bashneft for $ 5 billion.

“The President has not taken any decision in this regard”, – said Dmitry Peskov, the Agency RBC.

The night before, we will remind, the Bloomberg Agency reported that the head of “Rosneft” asks to allow its state-owned companies to buy controlling stake of JSC “Bashneft” for $ 5 billion – with a significant premium to the market.

Two high-ranking official told the news Agency that the government would receive $ 11 billion, later selling 19.5% stake in Rosneft and earning both transactions a total of $ 16 billion.

Thus, the expansion plan of the energy Empire, a longtime associate of the head of state could help the Russian government to cover half of the budget deficit, said the sources.
According to Bloomberg, this is another attempt by Sechin to overcome objections Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev against the participation of “Rosneft” in the sale of “Bashneft”.

Press Secretary of “Rosneft” Mikhail Leontyev in this regard, said: “We do not comment on nonsense”. Press-secretaries of the Prime Minister and the President did not answer promptly.

Preparations for the privatization of “Bashneft” has sharply raised the question of whether state-owned companies to be present in such transactions, and generally on the status of state-owned companies in the Russian Energy sector.

Previously, RBC reminds, many mycopathologia officials have opposed the participation of “Rosneft” in the privatization of “Bashneft”. Among these opponents was, for example, Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich, who oversees the fuel and energy sector and Advisor to the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of “Rosneft” Andrei Belousov.

In mid-July, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev decided to postpone the privatization of the company for an indefinite period and, as he told his press Secretary Natalya Timakova, Putin supported him.

These statements and even information about the informal ban President Vladimir Putin on participation of state companies in privatization of “Bashneft” did not deprive the head of “Rosneft” hunt to fight for this important asset.

The fact that Rosneft, the world’s largest public oil company in terms of production, according to analysts, could count on the fact that the purchase of shares in Bashneft to increase the value of its own stock, the package which the government also plans to offer for sale this year.

In a letter to the Minister of economic development of Russia Alexei Ulyukayev Sechin saidhe did not intend to abandon the struggle, and stated that the government did not give them a Directive that it is forbidden to participate in privatization.

August 25, Ulyukayev said that the privatization of “Bashneft” was delayed due to assessment of market conditions, the willingness of investors to participate in the transaction and for other reasons, and admitted that the state-owned company may be sold at any time from September 2016 to end of 2017 as a single lot, or parts of it.

This also applies to the company “Rosneft”. According to Ministry estimates, the magnitude of the Federal budget deficit is not affected, since the money from the privatization does not reduce it, and only cover, explained Alexey Ulyukayev. The Minister said that the deficit in 2016 will be approximately 3% of GDP.



Sands: the President has not taken any decisions about the fate of “Bashneft” 02.09.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal