Russia on Friday will begin a new humanitarian pause in the Syrian city of Aleppo. President Vladimir Putin gave such an order, “to avoid senseless victims”. The pause should last for 10 hours – from 9 am to 7 PM.

In defense of the claim that this gesture of goodwill, gives another opportunity for the release of civilians and members of the moderate opposition from the war zone in the city, reports RIA “Novosti”. The chief of the General staff of armed forces Valery Gerasimov stressed that the decision was agreed with the Syrian leadership.

It is assumed that during the pause all previously prepared in Aleppo humanitarian corridors will work for the release of civilians and militants.

Earlier, Putin’s press Secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the head of state considers it necessary to extend the humanitarian pause in Aleppo to allow the exit of civilians and the moderate opposition.

Humanitarian pause in Aleppo operated from 20 to 22 October. To exit the city organized eight humanitarian corridors: six civilians and two militants. However, the terrorists refused to leave the city. According to the Russian military, the militants fired at humanitarian corridors and prevent the emergence of a city of civilians.

On 23 October, Syrian government forces resumed the offensive in the South of Aleppo, managing to establish control of important heights and objects. According to various estimates, in the Eastern parts of the city are about seven thousand of terrorists representing various gangs.

Russia hoped that a humanitarian pause will be used for the US offices of the moderate opposition from terrorists in Syria, but this did not happen, said the Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

31 Oct newspaper the Times, citing intelligence reportedthat Russia is preparing full-scale military offensive on Aleppo, planning to use the political lull in the United States, which will occur there at the time of the presidential election. According to the newspaper, the operation will begin this week and, according to Russian plans, should be completed by mid-January 2017.



The defense Ministry initiates a new humanitarian pause in Aleppo 04.11.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal