The foreign Ministry announced the seizure by U.S. authorities of all premises of the diplomatic mission of the Russian Federation in San Francisco
In San Francisco the American authorities were fully occupied all the premises of the Consulate General of the Russian Federation, including the residence of the Consul General, there was a cracked front door and carried out a total search. This is stated on the official website of the Russian foreign Ministry.
“Despite the warnings, the US authorities did not heed the voice of reason and did not abandon their unlawful intentions. Today they completely captured all the premises of the Consulate General of Russia in San Francisco- the residential part of its administrative building, a service zone which is already a month hosted by U.S. intelligence agencies, and the private residence of the Consul General,” – said in Moscow.
The Russian authorities regarded the incident “as a brand new flagrant violation of international law.” “Since December last year, the Americans seized power five Russian diplomatic objects that are our property. And now the front door was compromised, arranged inside the total search,” – said the foreign Ministry.
The Russian foreign Ministry stressed once again that was never given to the US authorities consent to the withdrawal of Russian diplomatic and consular immunity and ownership “are not allowed and will not permit any invasion of our facilities.”
“Now there are American agents had not been invited. Video – invaders. Their action – unprecedented in the history of bilateral relations arbitrariness,” – said in Moscow.
As a result, the foreign Ministry said Washington “strongly protest against another hostile action of the United States.” “We reserve the right to answer. The cornerstones of diplomacy have always been the principle of reciprocity. Accordingly, understand that the Americans, breaking into our overseas missions, has agreed to the possibility of similar treatment with their representative offices in Russia”, – concluded the diplomat.
The state Department already gave the explanation of “unauthorized entry” to the premises of the Russian Embassy
Meanwhile, state Department officials responded to the attack of Moscow, and reported that members of the American foreign Minister made a tour of the premises of Russian sites after the last diplomats left them.
This is stated in the answer of the American foreign Ministry at the request of TASS to comment on the statement by the foreign Ministry, that the representatives of the US intelligence agencies continue the practice of illegal entry into the territory of the Russian sites, particularly in San Francisco.
“After the last tenants left objects, we made a tour to close premises and make sure that all left the territory,” – said in Washington.
“The Department of state will guard and maintain the facilities in accordance with our obligations. To access to the territory of the office premises will be possible only with the permission of the Department of state”, – added in Department.
Day 2 October, the Russian foreign Ministry accused the US of illegal penetration on territory of Consulate General of Russia in San Francisco, which was closed at the request of the American authorities a month ago. “The Americans, again in our property in San Francisco,” – said the Russian Ministry.
For publication on the Agency’s website also has a video where two men fit the night to a door and some time doing something beside her, shining a flashlight. One of them is armed and is possibly a COP. Inside the building men are not, but they probably are in the territory of the Embassy.
The demand for Russia to close the Consulate General in San Francisco to the 2nd of September was made by the US Department of state on August 31. Parallel to the closed buildings of the trade missions in Washington and new York.
In the US, explained such a requirement as a response to the expulsion 755 American diplomats from Russia by decision of the Russian authorities. Left Russian diplomats premises were searched.
The Russian foreign Ministry accused the US occupation of Russian dipuchrezhdeny and destabilization of the world order. Russian President Vladimir Putin called the US action is unprecedented and has instructed the foreign Ministry to go to court regarding the violation of property rights of the Russian Federation in the United States. “Let’s see what works effectively vaunted American judicial system,” – said the Russian leader.
The US state Department, for its part, said that actions against Russian property comply with the Vienna Convention, since the United States withdrew its consent to the placement of diplomatic missions.
In response, the Russian authorities have deprived the American diplomats Parking near US consulates in St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg. In mid-September, the Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of state Rex Tillerson has held a meeting, after which he stated that the situation with embassies “stabilized”.