The official Russian authorities have nothing to attempt to disrupt the parliamentary elections in Montenegro to assassinate the Prime Minister, Milo Djukanovic. This was stated on Monday, the press Secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov.
“Of course, we categorically reject the possibility of official involvement in whatever the attempts of the organization of any illegal actions”, – said the press Secretary of the President, commenting on the statement of Prosecutor’s office of Montenegro about the alleged involvement of Russian nationalists in an attempt the assassination of the Prime Minister of this country.
Answering the question whether the authorities of Montenegro to Russia with an official request regarding the investigation of this crime, Sands said: “the official line is no requests (from Montenegro) was not. I don’t know if the queries were on intelligence matters”.
The Embassy of Russia in Montenegro stated that it has no official information about the alleged involvement of Russian citizens to the assassination of the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Milo Djukanovic. “No official notification on this issue from the Montenegrin authorities had been received,” – said “Interfax” the Russian diplomatic mission.
On the eve of the special Prosecutor of Montenegro Milivoje Katnic said that Russian nationalists were preparing an attempt on Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic, to prevent the accession of Montenegro to NATO. However, he acknowledged that he had no evidence of involvement of the Russian authorities.
On 16 October, on the eve of parliamentary elections, Montenegrin police detained 20 Serbian citizens who, according to local authorities, prepared armed attacks on state institutions after the closure of polling stations.
In the parliamentary elections in Montenegro were won by ruling “Democratic party of socialists”, headed by Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic. He called the vote a choice between EU membership and NATO, and becoming a “Russian colony”, reminiscent of the BBC Russian service.