The owner of the Domodedovo airport Dmitry Mason, in respect of which 23 September was terminated criminal proceedings in connection with the deaths of the terrorist attack in 2011 for lack of evidence, said he was not going to sue for the compensation for criminal prosecution. He also said that he had received proposals for the sale of the airport (on the sale of previously written media).

“As for me, I won’t file any lawsuits. We aimed to establish the truth in a lawful manner and protect the honor of the leadership of the airport. As for the other defendants, then they would have to make a decision”, – quotes its TASS.

Mason said that a criminal case against a management “Domodedovo” has not led to losses. “In our understanding of the loss was not. Under arrest was not the airport itself and its former and current employees. To any losses that may lead. Soon, if it hasn’t already happened, security will be lifted with the arrest of 1 billion rubles on the account of the airport,” he said.

According to him, nobody offered him to sell the business: “In all that time I have not received any proposals for the sale of their business. Plans to sell the business we have, I am also not going to leave,” he said, but noted that it can do good offers and he will consider them.

September 23 it became known that the consequence on criminal case concerning the owner of Domodedovo airport Dmitry Mason and other senior managers in connection with the deaths of the terrorist attack in 2011, was dismissed for lack of evidence.

As reported by the newspaper “Kommersant” on September 28, crucial for closing the case was the intervention of the Deputy Prosecutor General Alexander Gutan. In the summer, the official representative of the Supervisory Department Alexander Kurennoy confirmed that Gutan July 1, sent a document to the head of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation Alexander Bastrykin with a request to terminate the case against Mason. Prior to that, the Supervisory authority has repeatedly demanded that SK the Russian Federation to close the case, but then the first paper came from the leadership of the Prosecutor General.

The investigator seemed to the lawyers that studied the ruling, “his text made clear” that the request of the Prosecutor General to close the case do not agree, but I have to obey him, as the decision of the head of the Supervisory authority is final and not appealable.

Dmitry Mason was detained February 18, and the next day Basmanny district court put him under house arrest. In early July, 2016, the Presidium of the Moscow city court has cancelled this measure of restraint for the suspect.

The criminal case against Mason is connected with the terrorist attack on 24 January 2011 in the arrivals area for foreign airlines in Domodedovo. Then the explosion of a homemade bomb, which was detonated by the suicide bomber Magomed Yevloyev, killed 37 people and injured 172 people.

In June 2015, it became known that the investigative authorities opened a criminal case on the provision of services that do not meet the requirements of security, entailed death of two and more persons (article 238 of the criminal code) in respect of officials in the capital’s Domodedovo airport in connection with the attack.

According to investigators, senior managers introduced a new system of inspection at the entrances to the airport, which led to an increase in the vulnerability of the airport and the services that do not meet safety requirements. Since 2007, in “Domodedovo” act regulations, in which the passengers were with the use of the framework and hand-held metal detectors (if necessary). However, because of the queue there was a need to provide additional inputs, which required financial investment. As pointed out by the investigators, instead, the leadership of “Domodedovo” has approved new regulations that do not require total control.

In SK the Russian Federation has calculated that in the end through the metal detector, took place not more than 2% of people. The investigators pointed out that breaches in security have made it possible to attack.

In February 2016 in the case were detained three former top managers of the airport: the former head of the Russian representative office of Airport Management Company Ltd. Svetlana Trishina, the former managing Director of CJSC “Domodedovo airport Aviation Security” Andrey Danilov and the former Director of the airport Vyacheslav Nekrasov. All the defendants were placed under house arrest, but after a few months all of them released.

In June, the airport announced the beginning of payments of compensations to victims and relatives of victims from the Fund “Aircraft”, after which they withdrew their multi-million dollar lawsuits against the management of the airport.



The owner of the Domodedovo airport will not seek compensation for the arrest 28.09.2016

Share this news

Share to Google Plus
Share to LiveJournal