The term of the ultimatum to Qatar extended for 48 hours in response to requirements from intermediaries
Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt agreed to Kuwait’s request to extend by 48 hours the period of validity of the ultimatumpresented to Qatar, reports Al Arabiya , citing a joint statement by the four Arab countries.
Kuwait has requested the extension of deadline for response to the ultimatum after Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah of Kuwait met with the Minister of foreign Affairs of Qatar Sheikh Mohammad al-Thani, who conveyed the response of Doha on an ultimatum.
On the transfer mediators of the response of Qatar to the list of 13 claims against him led by Saudi Arabia unit Arab countries, Monday, July 3, reported the state Kuwait news Agency KUNA. The report did not specify, rejected Qatar an ultimatum, as expected, said Al Jazeera.
No other information about the contents transferred to Kuwait there was no answer, but the head of the Qatari foreign Ministry on the eve of the expiration of the ultimatum stated that Doha does not satisfy any one of 13 claims and instead will offer “good conditions for dialogue”, which can be resolved the crisis in the Persian Gulf. Sheikh al-Thani made the announcement at a press conference on Saturday in Rome.
“Everyone knows that these requirements violate the sovereignty of the state of Qatar, hampering freedom of speech and a fair trial. We believe that the world is not governed by the ultimatum, we believe that the world is governed by international law, the order. Which does not allow large countries to bully small countries,” – said the Minister.
According to him, the country presenting the ultimatum, I think a terrorist of any party and any government initiatives that are contrary to their projects. A representative of Doha suggested that the President of the United States Donald trump misled about the position of Qatar concerning the financing of extremists. “Statement by the President trump was based on false claims and false impression that he inspired the heads of state who presented the ultimatum,” the Minister added, expressing hope that Washington will be able to understand the situation based on their own data.
We will add, according to Al Jazeera, trump called the Emir of Qatar Sheikh TA’mim bin Hamoud bin Khalifa al-Thani to discuss the crisis in the Persian Gulf. The Qatar News Agency reported that the sides agreed on the need to resolve the crisis by diplomatic means and have confirmed their intentions regarding cooperation in combating terrorism and extremism.
We will remind, four Arab countries in early June announced the severance of diplomatic relations with Doha, citing Qatar’s support of terrorism and extremist ideologies, as well as hostile politics and interference in the Affairs of Arab States.
Some neighbours of Qatar have announced the cessation of Maritime and air links, stop banking operations, the expulsion of diplomats and citizens of Qatar.
At the end of last month, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt has set an ultimatum to Qatar to sever relations with Iran, close to the Turkish military base, as well as the TV channel Al Jazeera, which is broadcast is regarded as propaganda. According to some estimates, Qatar also demanded an end to any cooperation with NATO.
“If Qatar seeks to restore the relationship, he should respect the decision of the cooperation Council of Gulf countries to stop financing extremism and terrorist movements in Syria and Libya, to stop taking their representatives on their territory. If Qatar seeks to isolate, “divorce” will occur. Even if the airports will remain open for the whole world, he will be isolated from their neighbors”, – said the Minister of foreign Affairs of the UAE Anwar Gargash.
In Qatar the requirements are called feasible. In Doha felt that the ultimatum proves once again that “the illegal blockade has nothing to fight terrorism”.
Wednesday, July 5, foreign Ministers of four Arab countries intend to hold a meeting, which is planned to develop a common position towards Qatar.